• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Turnpike accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elyuma

What is the name of your state? FL
Hello everyone.

I have a quick question?

My parent like a month ago was traveling from Miami to Orlando, Fl on the Florida turnpike. For some reason the traffic start going slow until a complete stop. As soon they stop they look to the rear mirror and they saw another stu**d guy coming 90 miles. As soon my dad saw him he try to move out of the way but still got hit on the right rear corner. There were 6 cars and 1 boat complete totalled. The only car was running was my parent. They get all the insurance information from that person and the number for any wetness.

Now there is the funny part. They called the insurance company and they say that person only have $10,000.00 for accident coverage and they have to share that between everyone and they have to wait until every body else file the claim. Now we keep calling the insurance and they don’t pick up the phone or they say “we call you back with the information” but never call back.

We took the car for estimate and the total is around $2,500 for the repair. We contact a local lawyer and they don’t do anything because is not enough money. What can we do about this, can we claim our insurance for the repair or just keep waiting until the other insurance feel to pay off.

Please any comment will be really helpfully, sorry for any misspelling or grammar. English is my second language.

Thank you :confused: :(

This is under the Florida State LawsWhat is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?

Ozark_Sophist

Report the claim to your own insurance company. Hopefully, you have underinsured motorist coverage.

Keep checking back here for more info. Some members are insurance agents.

moburkes

Your parent's collision coverage will also pay for the damages. Yes, many people purchase insurance at the state minimum.

ecmst12

And yes, they have to wait until all the estimates are received before paying ANYONE, so they can figure out how much of the $10k each person will get.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">