• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want to Wave Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TBUPS

I am at the final end of my work comp. My atty told me that I have to wait 15 days after signing the final papers because I will be signing away my rights to seek any further employment from company I was injured at, and this is, I think, like a remorse waiting period. My atty does not know for sure if I can and does not want to research the case law. I would like to add that my atty is not a very good one, I have found several serious things that were missed and would of cost me a good deal of money if I had not read all the paperwork myself, because my atty sure was not reading it. So, if any one could let me know if I can legally wave my rights to this I would dearly appreciate it! :+) OH yeah, I live in Minnesota. Thanks!

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Why don't you just contact an other attorney and ask this question to him or her so you can be absolutely sure.

http://www.attorneypages.com

T

TBUPS

Thanks lawrat for taking the time to read my post, and congratulations on getting your law degree and, I do wish you the best! I have tried what you suggested and I get the same reply, "Don't you already have an attorney?Why don't you ask her?" That is why I am coming here. My attorney does not want to put any time or litigation into her work comp cases. She just expects her clients to do what she suggests and not cause any problems. It is a shame that she is this way and I do intend to write a serious complaint to the law review board, but, not until I finally am through with this five year nightmare. My husband and I have gone through bankruptcy and almost a divorce because of all the garbage that a legitimate and seriously injured employee has to go through. I have had five back surgeries and my first one was when I was 36 and I am now 41. Way too young to be through with the working world!

If someone could find it in their heart to research some cases for me I would be forever indebted and would find the opportunity to pass a favor on to another in need.

Thanks,
Minnesota TBUPS :+)

C

cookke

I live in Oregon so I am probably not much help but I wanted to let you know that here we did not have a waiting period. I want to let you know that I understand completely how you feel I am 36 and I ruptured 4 disks in my neck at work falling from a latter that broke and it has been 4 years for me. It has caused my family bankruptcy and almost divorce because of the stress and total frustration. My lawyer has done the same thing, if you don't read and reread everything yourself nobody will because he the lawyer missed so many things and I am facing even more that he missed and unfortuantely I didn't catch either. Sorry this isn't an answer to your question and I didn't want to waste your time I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone which I'm sure you already knew but there others of us that understand your frustration and helplessness and we are wishing you the best of luck and hope all goes well for you and it all works out in your favor.
God Bless

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">