• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

totaled car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anon202

What is the name of your state? MD

In a recent car accident, my car was deemed totalled, probably due to the year of the car (1996). However, we decided to keep the car and after the ins took the salvaging fee, they cut us a check for us to keep/fix the car.

I towed my car to a body/auto shop ot be fixed. Question: since we decided to keep the car, is that car still insured under the policy? I'm assuming it should be. I'm asking because when I go to pick up my car, I wantt o make sure I'm driving with insurance. I called the ins office but they are closed on the weekend. Being antsy, I'm hoping maybe someone would know...

Thanks in advance!

Betty

Agree - call your ins. co. tomorrow to be sure. Maybe moburkes will come along before then & know - she knows a lot about car ins.

moburkes

Yep, just call. The adjuster doesn't make changes to your policy, YOU do, so unless you called to remove the vehicle, it should still be on there, HOWEVER, many companies will not insure salvage vehicles.

anon202

mMm...exactly. I didnt make any calls to the ins company ttelling them to remove anything. YET I did not know the most ins companies wont insure salvaged vehicles. That was not make known to me... er..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">