• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accident, other driver had no license

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shaggygriff06

What is the name of your state? Washington
My brother was involved in a severe accident involving his car and a truck. My brother was pulling out of a driveway onto a highway to merge right and was struck by the truck from the left side. The truck flipped and rolled five times, but the driver didn't substain any notable injuries, and was released from the hospital that day. My Brother only received a sore neck. Later that night my brother learned that the man driving the truck not only had no insurance, but also had no license. He was driving his girlfriend's truck. So, even if my brother could've caused the accident, who's at fault, and how could all this play out?
Is this Post Your Case request for you or someone else? Spouse/Other Close Family Member
What best describes the type of accident or injury matter? Auto, motorcycle, truck accident
Please enter the approximate date of the injury: 10 / 2007
Does this case involve bodily injury or death? Yes
Where did the accident or injury occur? Bothell injury! _state 51 , 98021

racer72

The lack of a driver's license or insurance is totally irrelevent when it comes to determining fault for the accident. If your brother is found to be at fault, he will be liable for the damage to the truck and the driver's medical bills. But by driving without insurance, the driver of the truck will face some consequences. He will not get any pain and suffering reimbursement from the insurance company. He will also likely receive a ticket with a hefty fine, suspension of his driving priveliges for a while and the requirement to obtain high risk auto insurance, even if he does not own a motor vehicle. Based on your sketchy description of the accident, there is a good chance your brother will be found at fault.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Based on your sketchy description of the accident, there is a good chance your brother will be found at fault.
Racer - OP's bro pulled out of a driveway in to oncoming traffic and was hit by said traffic. Seems pretty straight-forward to me ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">