• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my rights as a parent???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wynner2448

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I recently found out that my 13yr old daughter has been seeing an man that is 21 yrs old. I took her phone and have found a number of text messages sent to an from this guy. It talks about when he will be at certain places that she is waiting and one that even makes me think that hes been outside my home watching her. He explains what she is wearing an about her hair.
My question is what can I do about this. If I call the cops with this information will they do anything about it or is it one of those cases that something has to happen before I can do anything??? I dont know what to do, I have contacted this guy and told him to stay away from her but he seems alittle ****y. Someone plz help, Im very worried about her.

The Occultist

I would start by confiscating her phone and ensuring that such messages are not deleted, and then requesting a restraining order against the gentleman in question.

wynner2448

I have the phone. An she is also banned from the computer. I wasnt sure though if it would be enough for a restaining order.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
*I* would have taken the phone and computer access and then immediately called the police. Hopping on an internet message board would have been FAR down my list.

Don't waste time here. Contact the police IMMEDIATELY!

CdwJava

Ditto! Contact the police.

My small department is working a couple of these cases right no and the perpetrator is likely a man with a history and may well be someone much older than 21! In my state, luring someone to meet with the intent to have any kind of lurid act can be a crime!

Call today!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">