• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

appeal for 13 year old with no record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

andsail

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hi. My son 13 was convicted of a felony (arson). He along with 4 other boys were in the bathroom at school (my son came in alone) when one of the boys lit a papertowel on fire and put it in the trash can. My son along with one other boy ran out of the bathroom when the other kid lit the towel. The boy who lit the fire was still in their along with the other 2 boys. The fire bell rang and the school was evacuated. THe boy who set the fire plead guilty to all charges. The lighter was found on the other boy. My son never plead guilty and decided to get a trial which I was 100% in agreement with. I did not think I needed a lawyer but I got a public defender. I want to hire an attorney now to file an appeal. The judge had no evidence and could not prove any wrong doing on my sons part. My son has never ever been in trouble. The boy who plead guilty already has a juvenile record. Please tell me if you think this case can be appealed.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">