• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

over 18/under 18 relationship?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LostInVirginia

What is the name of your state? Virginia

Everyone loves the "I have a friend" Opening... But we all know the truth behind it is "I'm in this situation"

so!.

20 year old dating a 16 year old.. NOTHING is going on like that.. Both good practicing mormons, Both sets of parents go to the same congregation and know of our relationship.

The law question is: With a complete lack of sexual inappropriateness, is there anything illegal about being with a girl 4 years younger than me? we do not share in anything that would even sort of be considered sexual in nature. No heavy petting or any of the other various terms used. (Does kissing count?) I've read some of the laws, and CTD seems to fit the bill. Is there anything else i need to be aware of or may have overlooked?

LostInVirginia

both groups of parents know of the relationship, and there is nothing sexual in nature going on. I just want to cover my bases, and there is nothing criminal in that.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
both groups of parents know of the relationship, and there is nothing sexual in nature going on. I just want to cover my bases, and there is nothing criminal in that.
If you love her, wait the <2 years for her to be an adult. Problem solved!

LostInVirginia

well, reading a few of the other posts.. I stumbled upon just the answer i was looking for.

It doesn't matter if we are having sex or not. If I do something wrong, hurt her feelings or anything and then she TELLS someone we had sex or something sexual in nature I go from the frying pan to the fire.there is no way to prove my innocence or honesty in that kind of situation since they will believe everything she says and now that i am a "Sexual predator" everything i have to say becomes discounted.

Morality and "Parental advice/opinion" aside thats all i was looking for.

LostInVirginia

If you love her, wait the <2 years for her to be an adult. Problem solved!

you know.. we were just having that discussion yesterday. In all honesty, If she views me as someone she wants to be with in the future then neither of us should have a problem doing this. It will keep both of us out of a terrible situation AND it will serve as a way to get to know each other without those kinds of pressures getting in the way

Thank you for your support Zigner =]

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
you know.. we were just having that discussion yesterday. In all honesty, If she views me as someone she wants to be with in the future then neither of us should have a problem doing this. It will keep both of us out of a terrible situation AND it will serve as a way to get to know each other without those kinds of pressures getting in the way

Thank you for your support Zigner =]
I'm glad you took that in a positive light - best of luck :)

You Are Guilty

well, reading a few of the other posts.. I stumbled upon just the answer i was looking for.

It doesn't matter if we are having sex or not. If I do something wrong, hurt her feelings or anything and then she TELLS someone we had sex or something sexual in nature I go from the frying pan to the fire.there is no way to prove my innocence or honesty in that kind of situation since they will believe everything she says and now that i am a "Sexual predator" everything i have to say becomes discounted.

Morality and "Parental advice/opinion" aside thats all i was looking for.
Wonderful reply! This post needs to be framed and hung up in the front of this forum for everyone to read in perpetuity.

Best of luck to you - you're one of the few people that appreciates the danger of what you're doing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">