• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodlyf3

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was involved in an auto accident, going west on a main street at the speed limit, and seatbelted however I had no auto insurance, and am currently still paying for the auto. I was was hit by a stolen SUV headed southbound from a side street, my car was totalled. I suffered minor injuries because my toddler, and I were restrained. Do I have a claim against the owner of the stolen vehicles insurance if there is any?

ecmst12

No, neither the owner of the stolen car nor his insurance will be responsible for your damages. I don't think you have much realistic chance at collecting from the criminal either. Unfortunately, you're kinda screwed.

alnorth

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

I was involved in an auto accident, going west on a main street at the speed limit, and seatbelted however I had no auto insurance, and am currently still paying for the auto. I was was hit by a stolen SUV headed southbound from a side street, my car was totalled. I suffered minor injuries because my toddler, and I were restrained. Do I have a claim against the owner of the stolen vehicles insurance if there is any?
Absolutely not, theft of the car cuts off liability. The owner doesn't owe you a dime, and his insurance will deny the claim. You can sue the car thief, but I'm guessing they dont have money, so your out of luck.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">