• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Opportunistic Little Brother

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BigBrother4209

I am trying to get information for my parents who are having to deal with my younger brother (TEXAS). He has recently been released from prison. He was found guilty for selling drugs. He spent a couple of months in a halfway house and was released to come to his hometown per his request. The problem with the situation is that he is living with his grandmother who will not press any charges against him regarless of the fact that he has robbed her blind. All her possessions worth anything ended up disappearing and he has been caught taking them out of the house. My grandmother is quite ill and we feel that he is a burden on her and is going to be doing the same thing that he did before his arrest. He sleeps till the afternoon and entertains questionable guests to my grandmothers groceries. He won't get a job because he has no need of one.

My mother contacted his parole officer and he said that since my brother is an adult she could not intervene. Is there anything we can do to stop him from living with her?

ALawyer

If she lacks mental competence, ask for a conservator to be appointed for her, and check the elder abuse statutes in her state to see if anyone other than her can act on her behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">