• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

IRS owes****************************

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lawkev

What is the name of your state? New York

My wife and I filed seperate returns in for 2006 and the IRS owes her about 3,000 dollars. They claim that someone else claimed our kids. I did not claim them and she claimed them. The IRS says that they don't owe her a cent. What does she do in this situation.

THX

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? New York

My wife and I filed seperate returns in for 2006 and the IRS owes her about 3,000 dollars. They claim that someone else claimed our kids. I did not claim them and she claimed them. The IRS says that they don't owe her a cent. What does she do in this situation.

THX
The IRS would give her an opportunity to prove that she had the right to claim the children.

She needs to take the paperwork that she received from the IRS and get a consult with a tax pro.

lawkev

Is there a particular type of tax lawyer I'm looking for? I don't think they all deal with these issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">