• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to report mafia activity?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pacificmx45

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I know someone who deserves to be in jail for numerous things, a few of which are felonys. Without getting into too many details I will tell you that he's a polish janitor with a rolls royce, 8 other cars, recently put a $60,000 wall around his house, 55 inch tv... i can go on and on. I also helped build this wall and was payed in $100 bills from the 60's...collapse of Soviet Union...coincidence? I've known him for a few years now and at first just thought he had some sort of inheritance even though I instinctively thought otherwise. As time passed, he ended up getting drunk and telling me he was in the mafia. That was a hint :) I also learned that he won't let his kids, 22 and 19 get an on the books job. He's one of those people that you listen to when he says something. He treats his family like slaves and verbally(to the extreme) and physically abuses the 19 year old who I have been dating for 3 years now. I'm not talking black eye here, but I'm pretty sure a father isnt supposed to hit his kid, again, 19 years old, for forgetting where HE put his glasses. He also likes to get drunk and compare what my family owns to what he owns in a "not-so-nice" way. I honestly could care less if he was in the mafia or not, but I want this man in jail for something. He really deserves it, more than I could put into words. Where do I go about reporting this? Can I remain anonymous? I'm a criminal justice major and remember learning about the 6th ammendment. Doesn't that give him a right to know who ratted him out? Scares me a bit considering I was threatened by him the day he drunkenly spilled out the info. I would think the IRS would be the way to go, but how hard is it for them to detect overseas funds? Thank you

xylene

cute story...

But what has this guy done wrong?

Maybe he keeps his money in cash because he is in debt up to his eyeballs?

What do you know?

This is America. It's not a crime to treat your family shabbily, make bad decisions, and get a tacky ass oversized TV

fairisfair

I know someone who deserves to be in jail for numerous things, a few of which are felonys. Without getting into too many details I will tell you that he's a polish janitor with a rolls royce, 8 other cars, recently put a $60,000 wall around his house, 55 inch tv... i can go on and on. I also helped build this wall and was payed in $100 bills from the 60's...collapse of Soviet Union...coincidence? I've known him for a few years now and at first just thought he had some sort of inheritance even though I instinctively thought otherwise. As time passed, he ended up getting drunk and telling me he was in the mafia. That was a hint :) I also learned that he won't let his kids, 22 and 19 get an on the books job. He's one of those people that you listen to when he says something. He treats his family like slaves and verbally(to the extreme) and physically abuses the 19 year old who I have been dating for 3 years now. I'm not talking black eye here, but I'm pretty sure a father isnt supposed to hit his kid, again, 19 years old, for forgetting where HE put his glasses. He also likes to get drunk and compare what my family owns to what he owns in a "not-so-nice" way. I honestly could care less if he was in the mafia or not, but I want this man in jail for something. He really deserves it, more than I could put into words. Where do I go about reporting this? Can I remain anonymous? I'm a criminal justice major and remember learning about the 6th ammendment. Doesn't that give him a right to know who ratted him out? Scares me a bit considering I was threatened by him the day he drunkenly spilled out the info. I would think the IRS would be the way to go, but how hard is it for them to detect overseas funds? Thank you
CRIMINAL JUSTICE MAJOR?? in what nursery school?? No one with any legal knowledge at all would be asking the questions that you are.

my advice: MYOB

By the way, it is not illegal to 1. Be a janitor, 2. be Polish or 3. own a rolls royce.

LdiJ

He shouldn't be hitting his daughter.....that is the one honestly valid point that you brought up. However, unless she is willing to call the police on him when he hits her, AND she is willing to go out and live life on her own, nothing is going to happen.

All of the rest of it could be nothing more than someone who has hidden his money in a mattress rather than using a bank.....and likes to make up stories when he is drunk. Heck, I once lied and told a young man who was sniffing after my daughter that her Italian father was "connected". (I was desparate to lose that one and it worked...he was way too old for her) That whole "mafia" bit could have been a way for him to intimidate you.

pacificmx45

I didn't say I found his signed contract to the polish mafia in his dresser drawer. I said I was paid in bills from the 60s, he won't let anyone in the family get an on the books job or bank account, has millions of dollars to his name, and he TOLD me he was in the mafia. I'm not looking to get flamed off of the forum for saying I'm a criminal justice major and not being perfect. I don't expect his house to get raided thanks to my phone call, and all of the stipulations I mentioned COULD be a mere coincidence. However, wouldn't it constitute reasonable suspicion ie- a tax audit at the least? I'm not out to get this man simply because I'm dating his daughter or because hes in the big bad Polish mob, but I feel obligated to protect her and her family and have even talked this over with her. I know my points might not be as valid as some of you might like them to be, but all I can say is I know after 3 years that something isn't right. I'm simply asking if anyone, the IRS maybe, would even consider looking into this. Any help would be much appreciated.

xylene

Many people keep large amounts of cash on hand.

This is usually because they are in debt. Paranoia and distrust of banking are the others.

The man is former eastern block citizen.

It was highly regulated to hold foreign currency... :rolleyes: yet their was a HUGE dollar economy...

How do you think money was kept? (In 2 dollar bills? :rolleyes:)

pacificmx45

Many people keep large amounts of cash on hand.

This is usually because they are in debt. Paranoia and distrust of banking are the others.

The man is former eastern block citizen.

It was highly regulated to hold foreign currency... :rolleyes: yet their was a HUGE dollar economy...

How do you think money was kept? (In 2 dollar bills? :rolleyes:)
I definatly understand what you are saying. While that could explain it, there are too many other things that would need explaining as well, some of which I haven't mentioned. When you have too many things that "need explaining" it would indicate to me that something fishy is going on. I really should have just asked the simple question, How do you report mafia activity" and not given any kind of background on the situation. It's nothing personal to any of the posters, but all I can say is I know something is going on. IF somehow I am wrong, that's the authorites job to either find out, or laugh at me when I give them a call. All I want is the oppurtunity to make that call to the appropriate agency. FBI, IRS? If I am correct, that means that somewhere down the line his money derives from blood in some way, shape, or form. That's not right, and something should be done. If nothing comes of it, oh well. Don't know how else to put it.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">