• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fmagnone

What is the name of your state? Ca

I was in an accident awhile ago with my 6 week old infant . My daughter was taken to the emergency to be checked out. She was fine, thank goodness. But it was a turmoil for me. I was so paranoid and stressed out that she might of been hurt and the doctors didn't know it. Her medical bills came out to a little over $2000. The damages to my vehicle was about $2500 all to the front end. I was stuck driving my vehicle for almost a month with the headlights barely hanging on and the tires rubbing against the frame of my truck, my bumper talking while i drove. I had asking for the pain and suffering, more like the inconvience, stressed, and paranoia, along with the run around the insurance had gave me and was told i couldn't. As it was my daughters claim. How can i go about of getting a settlement for what i went through do to the accident? By the way this was the other parties insurance.What is the name of your state?

ecmst12

You can't. You can submit a bodily injury claim for your daughter which will cover the medical bills and a small token amount for pain and suffering, but you were not injured, so YOU cannot recover for pain and suffering. YOU can recover for the cost to repair your vehicle, if it was not a total loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">