• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possession of Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gella

A friend and I were driving, and pulled over for speeding. The cops smelled the pot we had smoked earlier in the day. They searched our car, we stupidly told them where and what we had (3 pipes, a rolling machine, papers, and a joints worth of pot). We were arrested for possession of marijuana, only, under a class b misdemeanor. Now, my question is why is it a class b? I have talked to a few people and they are telling us it should be a class c. Would our possession of marijuana charge include the paraphernalia? Thanks
~Gella

B

BROKEN67

i don't know much about drug laws or drugs, but how many pipes does smoking marijuana require? i would have thought only one. i do know from watching COPS on television that if you plan on using/transporting drugs that obeying traffic laws is in the guilty parties best interest. it's also probably a good idea to do your drug using in a safer environment, try your home. i've got two small children, i would much rather commute feeling secure that drug users are at home manning thier couch rather than a vehicle. sorry you got into trouble, i wish you the best. please think about what could happen to others before you use drugs on the road again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">