• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worker comp in TN.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

glenn1965

I'm in TN. and one of my co-workers had a stroke at work. He is 59. The company is making him use 4 of his 5 weeks vacation while he's out and he has 6 months to be back to work or he will lose his job. My question is, could this be covered under workers compensation? And if so how long could he be out to recover without the threat of losing his position under workers comp?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You need to check your state workers compensation board -- but a stroke is a stroke -- really has nothing to do with work related unless he can prove it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">