• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Florida Dating Laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoreThanEver19

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi, im 18 years old, turning 19 in a month and my girlfriend is 17 turning 18 next year, seemed as to we only a year and a few months apart, i was wondering if its perfectly legal for us two to date?

The Occultist

To be frank, we are pretty darned sick of answering the same question over and over and over and over and over, etc.

Either use that nifty little search bar up there to search the forums, or go ahead and Google "Florida age of consent".

MoreThanEver19

:) sorry didn't mean to be a pain, I just want a quick answer, I'll google on the subject, however answers would also be greatly appreciated. :D

Jacon89

So long as you're not engaging in any sexual acts whatsoever and her parents are a-okay with the relationship, then you're perfectly fine and not breaking any laws. Sexual conduct is to be avoided until she turns 18, or you could be facing some penalties like jail time. You'd do well not to go much farther than harmless kissing, if you want to play the safe side. Technically, being younger than 24 years old in Florida leaves you free from penalty if you're engaging in sexual acts with a minor that is atleast 16 years old, but yeah, play it safe.

If her parents say no, then it's no either way.

There aren't really any laws prohibiting anyone from dating anyone else, to my knowledge. A large age gap might me questionable by moral or ethical standards, but the law only prohibits sexual conduct.

Last edited:

yceandfire

i need help

soo theirs this girl i like and she 15 but shes going to be 16 in july and im 19 and im going to be 20 in september soo can we date without me getting in trouble like as long as we dont have sex

Rushia

soo theirs this girl i like and she 15 but shes going to be 16 in july and im 19 and im going to be 20 in september soo can we date without me getting in trouble like as long as we dont have sex
Start your own thread! My personal advice is to date women your own age and leave children alone.

seniorjudge

I'm praying that it doesn't involve farm animals!? :eek:
I know that one time, the [removed by moderator], which afterwards [removed by moderator], and it came in first at the state fair because [removed by moderator].

Oh...I mean...MY FRIEND [removed by moderator].

Rushia

I know that one time, the [removed by moderator], which afterwards [removed by moderator], and it came in first at the state fair because [removed by moderator].

Oh...I mean...MY FRIEND [removed by moderator].
Judgy, my friend....you are a very silly man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">