• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hit from behind while we were at a stop light.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ridgemonster

What is the name of your state? California
Last Friday evening my girlfriend and I were stopped at a red ligt and were hit from behind. I have a 98 Lincoln Continental in fantastic shape, but now the whole rear end is is mushed and turned to the left. Apparently the guy was looking down and either was changing lanes or strowled over to mine; non the less for the amount of damage we recieved he had to be doing 35 to 40 MPH. I believe that if our car had not been there at the front he would have gone directly into cross traffic, thus I saved his and anyone elses life that night. I just found out that he does have Ins. but do not know yet to what degree.
My girlfriend was rushed to the Hosp where she was x-rayed and put into a neck brace until the rest of the swelling goes down for the rest. She still has much pain but has to work until we know exactly the kind of ins. he has. I on the other hand have to have surgery on my right hand thumb. (PINS). I am a Licensed Stationary Engineer and a Licensed Realtor and am unemployed at the moment; and with out a car it's obvious that work in my professions is out.
PS There was an SD officer right behind us after the accident.

Question? Can I just go to Chriopractic doc for my back,
What about a rental car,
Fair market for my car,
pain and suffering,
what comes first.

Give me all you got, it will be much appreciated.

MikeKV

As another poster suggested I would also suggest an attorney and don't forget to report the accident to your insurance co. Your ins. co. (along with an attorney) will assist you in all aspects of resolving this accident including going after the other ins co. Contacting your ins. co. should not raise your rates since you are (assuming) 100% not at fault.

I personally have been recently in two, not at fault, accidents and have contacted an attorney in both accidents. There are some that believe in certain incidents that an attorney is not necessary especially if your ins. co. can assist with resolving all issues. Lets see what others think....

Last edited:

moburkes

You insurance company can only help, if you had coverage through them. For example, if you didn't have collision coverage, then they cannot help in regards to the damage to your vehicle.

If either of you have medical payments coverage on your policy, then use that coverage first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">