• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 in Kansas.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lovelovelove

What is the name of your state? Kansas.
I was wondering what the legal age is to move out of your parents' house in Kansas is? I have heard that you can move out at 17 whether they agree with it or not, but I thought that they had to be okay with it. So, I'm not really clear. I guess I could go aks a cop, but..cops make me nervous. So. Anyone know?

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Kansas.
I was wondering what the legal age is to move out of your parents' house in Kansas is? I have heard that you can move out at 17 whether they agree with it or not, but I thought that they had to be okay with it. So, I'm not really clear. I guess I could go aks a cop, but..cops make me nervous. So. Anyone know?
The LEGAL age you can move out without your parents consent is 18. Why would you call the cops for legal advice? Do you call an attorney to report a crime?:confused:

dawn16

Moving out ASAP

I would also like to move in with my boyfriend asap, like in a year when we can get an apartment and get things settled. we are planning on getting married too. If things work out before I am 18, like a few months before, could my parents really do anything and would the police really do anything if I want to move out a few months early? In Kansas?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I would also like to move in with my boyfriend asap, like in a year when we can get an apartment and get things settled. we are planning on getting married too. If things work out before I am 18, like a few months before, could my parents really do anything and would the police really do anything if I want to move out a few months early? In Kansas?
What's the hurry? :rolleyes:

majomom1

Posted by: dawn16
When do you turn 17? How old is your boyfriend? Your choices here could put him at risk...

If I understand this correctly, it looks to me like you are really only asking about a few months, why not wait those few months and avoid all possible conflict?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">