• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wood Floor Installation gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

explorerfl

I signed a contact to have a wood floor installed in my home. I put in a start-end date to ensure a timely execution of the job. The installer worked two out of the first four days and on the fifth day told me the wood was defective. The mfg. rep. inspected and says the wood was not defective. It is now a week past my deadline and I'm living on concrete floors with my funiture in the garage. What are my options? Can I cancel the contract? Only a small portion has been installed and I don't want to continue with a poor job as the final result. The installer has no experience with this type of wood as I now learn. He was wrong about it being defective. The material purchased by the contractor can be returned for credit but I gave him a down payment and won't let the material be moved from my home without a full refund. Any help would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">