• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

serving papers for lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

octopops

What is the name of your state? Georgia

How are papers served (lawsuit) to the person who hit me/was at fault in an auto accident - when they can't be located?

My attorney has me doing all kinds of internet searches (to keep cost down) in an effort to find the person.

Thanks much.

Ellerge

Find him!

Contact him at the address he gave you when the accident happened.
His neighbors may know where he moved to or where he works.
His present Landlord or his previous Landlord may know his new address or his work. (If he owns instead of renting, finding him will be much easier).
his co-workers may know his address or his new job.
Check marriage and tax records for your county. (Everybody pays taxes - execpt illegals, drug dealers, ect).
[in the future, carry a CHEAP camera in your car and take his picture at the accident]
Are traffic citations and/or Judgments on line in your County?
Does he go to Church - and where?
Does he have a bank account - and where?
Does he have a lawyer?
Is he married - what was his wife's maiden name and does her Mother know where he is?
Is there a Hospital in your area and has he ever been there?
Can the cops run his tag number?
It may take years to find him - be patient!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">