• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

:Azriel

Mississippi
I'm 17 years old. I was abruptly woken up one morning by 3 police officers. They said they were looking for a runaway and would just poke around a bit to see if he was here. I said "Sure" because I wasn't entirely awake and didn't know what was going on.
They poked around a bit alright, and found my hookah and a water pipe.
They sent me to the juvenile detention center, my mom came and got me, and now I'm under house arrest for 6 weeks, after which I'll have a hearing.
My only prior conviction was a traffic violation and I don't think it's on my record.

What do I do? =/

Silverplum

Mississippi
I'm 17 years old. I was abruptly woken up one morning by 3 police officers. They said they were looking for a runaway and would just poke around a bit to see if he was here. I said "Sure" because I wasn't entirely awake and didn't know what was going on.
They poked around a bit alright, and found my hookah and a water pipe.
They sent me to the juvenile detention center, my mom came and got me, and now I'm under house arrest for 6 weeks, after which I'll have a hearing.
My only prior conviction was a traffic violation and I don't think it's on my record.

What do I do? =/
First question: Where were you when you were awakened by the officers?

Some Random Guy

Second question: Where was your paraphenalia found? In plain sight, in an area that a person could be hiding in, in a closed drawer or small box, etc.?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">