• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Informal Probation, did not recieve all info or papers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mikemerrill

What is the name of your state? California

I got a MIP as a pedestrian, and i plead guilty (since i was). My conviction was 2 month suspension of my license, 6 months informal probation, AA meetings, and 30 hours community service. The terms of my probation is to complete 5-8 week program for drugs and alcohol designated by the court, but they never gave me the attached information reguarding the programs or what to do. Not to mention they wont talk to me on the phone due to minor confidentiality, and I can't drive to court so I'm out of luck with getting to the court (which is 50 miles from my house).
Any advice? Is this midconduct on the court's behalf?

The Occultist

You screwed up, so now you are subject to the terms of the probation. Probation is, of course, the alternate to sending you to jail. You find yourself in a tight position, but there are ways around it. Ask a friend for a ride, take the bus, ask parents for a ride, take a cab. There are ways for you to get to court, and it is your responsibility to do so.

mikemerrill

You screwed up, so now you are subject to the terms of the probation. Probation is, of course, the alternate to sending you to jail. You find yourself in a tight position, but there are ways around it. Ask a friend for a ride, take the bus, ask parents for a ride, take a cab. There are ways for you to get to court, and it is your responsibility to do so.
Its early enough in my probation that i can get myself out of any conflict with breaking probation. I screwed up with getting the MIP, but the court has only made matters worse by adding more mistakes by not providing me all the needed information and paper so I can correctly follow the terms of my probation. Not to mention I already had completed an 8 week drug and alcohol program, with clean results, and a letter from the person who ran it. I attended this program the week after i got my ticket, and completed it before the court date... though I guess the court doesnt care about that :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">