• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

He hit my garage door

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

braun1

What is the name of your state? IL
A person came to my home to get something, as we were talking his crack head girlfriend starts the truck with it in gear and hits my garage door. We report it to his insurance company and his agent says take care of what you need to do. Well the door is completely off the one side and about 3 inches from my 79 ta. I take pictures and call someone to board it up.( I have alot of things in there worth money) and to disconnect the springs I would not want a child to go by and get hurt. A pressure washing wand and some metal wraps I got for my front windows were also damaged.After getting estimates and being without a garage door for weeks, I take care of that seeing I couldn't wait any longer. His insurance company tells me they will not pay until I give receipts of the metal wraps and wand. I did now they only want to give me 1400.00. An attorney told me to just go through my insurance company and my agent said not to because it would just go against me having a claim. Any andvice would be helpful.
Garage door 1377.15
Board-up 235
pressure washer wand and attachment 57.47
New metal wraps 165.00
This has been going on a month and none of it was my fault. I do have pictures for proof. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

braun1

They claim their pictures don't show damage to the washer and metal but my pics do and I still have the damaged stuff. Also they claim it was too much for the board-up. What was I suppose to do at 6 pm at night, but pay. Thank you. Other than that they have just given me the run around and I am mad, which is not really what I'm saying. Dan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">