• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

domestic violance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brett

I live in Boone county, Illinois. My wife had me arrested for abuse and her friend was there at the time of the incident. I am concidering hiring an attorney who wants to take this to jury trial. My question is:Is this worth the money to go to trial?

K

kiki

Do you feel you're guilty? If so, don't waste your money, get an attorney and plea bargain if possible.

If you don't feel you're guilty, read the statute, read the charging documents, affidavits and statements of those involved. See where you think you stand, then hire an "attack" attorney, female if possible, if you want to go to trial.

In most cases the cards are stacked against the male in these sorts of things, just keep this in mind.

kiki

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">