• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there a formula

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jen01

What is the name of your state? IL
I was in an accident and I am going to settle with the insuance company myself. Is there a formula that they use to determine pain and suffering? I am fine now , and my medical and loss of wages only came to be around 2200.00.I have heard 3 times your medical bills and loss wages, but I am not sure. If anyone has any advice please help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You should put this question in your original post: https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=380844

jcj

What is the name of your state? IL
I was in an accident and I am going to settle with the insuance company myself. Is there a formula that they use to determine pain and suffering? I am fine now , and my medical and loss of wages only came to be around 2200.00.I have heard 3 times your medical bills and loss wages, but I am not sure. If anyone has any advice please help.
No there's no formula about it! Its just depends on the policy of the insurance company, so you have to review it again!

ecmst12

No, it doesn't depend on the policy of the insurance company either. Every case is reviewed individually.

jen01

settle

The insuance wants to settle withg me and give me 650.00 for pain and suffering . Does this sound like a right figure, or shoul I see an attourney.

ecmst12

That is entirely up to you. Since we don't know what your injuries were, what kind of treatment you required, how long you were in treatment, or anything else, we could not even begin to guess. If you think it's fair, take it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">