• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A/V Equipment purchase - billing question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uswcghaj

What is the name of your state? Vermont

Hello,

We built our home 3 years ago and had about $30k in A/V equipment installed. We gave the vendor a 50% deposit and he never billed us for the balance. I saw him on the street today and he said lets sit down to review what we owe him. Frankly, I think they lost their records and are looking to strike a deal. Any advice on how to proceed? Can I tell them to prove that I owe them money?

Thanks.

JustAPal00

I walked out of a liquor store with a bag that I thought contained my booze. As I was walking to the car I noticed a metal on metal rattling coming from the bag. Seems as if a woman working there had placed a cash box on the bag. The woman waiting on me thought it was the bag she had put my first 6 pack in and placed the second 6 pack that she had to get from the back on top and handed me the bag. I had their whole take from the day, as they were about to close. I took it back and never regretted it. I was 19 at the time!

uswcghaj

thanks, I have the means to pay but I wanted to know if legally there is a statute of limitations on when they can bill me....its been 3 years and I thought I was free and clear by now

I was considering having my lawyers sending them a letter demanding a complete accounting of my account... I am fairly sure they don't have the records anymore

any thoughts are appreciated

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
thanks, I have the means to pay but I wanted to know if legally there is a statute of limitations on when they can bill me....its been 3 years and I thought I was free and clear by now
Yes there is, but it's longer than 3 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">