• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grand Theft

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ThatKid

What is the name of your state? California
This past Saturday i was arrested and charged with grand theft. I'm 17 and I used to work for old navy. I did return frauds and the total amount that was stolen was about $7500. The evidence that they have is cameras and my old transactions, they never actually found anything on me. This is my first felony and i also do very good at school (avg. GPA 3.8). I was wondering what will probably happen to me?
Thank you

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? California
This past Saturday i was arrested and charged with grand theft. I'm 17 and I used to work for old navy. I did return frauds and the total amount that was stolen was about $7500. The evidence that they have is cameras and my old transactions, they never actually found anything on me. This is my first felony and i also do very good at school (avg. GPA 3.8). I was wondering what will probably happen to me?
Thank you
**A: for a kid with a 3.8 GPA I would have to say that you're an idiot. It is up to the DA as to what would happen to you with respect to criminal action. And it is up to Old Navy to pursue civil action.

ThatKid

Actually still looking for an attorney and i did some research and it said i could face up to 2 years in jail for grand theft. I was wondering if its any different if your a minor?

BL

Actually still looking for an attorney and i did some research and it said i could face up to 2 years in jail for grand theft. I was wondering if its any different if your a minor?
You're 17 and old enough to be put in the clink .

You better hope for probation with restitution .

But who knows what a good Attorney could do for you .

ThatKid

Well just an update. I went to the police station today after they called me in and i had to talk to one of the detectives. He offered me this Youth Advocacy Program were i have to attend for 15 weeks, once a week for only 2 hours and if i complete this then i wont have to go to court. I would still need to pay back what i stole but I'm guessing this is way better then going to jail/bootcamp/probation.

CdwJava

There can be multiple counts of Grand Theft, Embezzlement, and even Burglary. You could go away for a very, very long time.

Consult an attorney immediately!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">