• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Binding Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NFITZ

What is the name of your state? MARYLAND
WE CONTRACTED TO INSTALL A RETAINING WALL, AND WE TOLD THE CONTRACTOR WHAT WE WANTED.A WALL 3' HIGH X 50' LONG. THE CONTRACTOR WAS GOING TO SUPPLY A DRAWING OF COMPLETED WALL, WHICH WE NEVER SAW. AFTER WHAT THE CONTRACTOR COMPLETED WHAT HE THOUGHT WE WANTED, THE WALL RAN FROM 1' FT HIGH ON ONE END TO 3' HIGH ON THE OTHER END. THIS WAS NOT WHAT WE VISULIZED. TO BEGIN WITH, THE CONTRACTOR SENT TWO INEXPERIENCED WORKERS TO INTALL THE WALL. AFTER WE TOLD THER CONTRACTOR THE WALL WASN'T WHAT WE WANTED, HE AGREED TO BUILD THE WALL TO OUR SPECIFICATIONS, BUT WE HAD TO SIGN TO AGREE ON TIME AND MATERIAL TO COMPLETE THE WALL. THE WALL ORIGINALLY WAS GOING TO TAKE 3 DAYS TO COMPLETE, BUT WITH COMPLICATIONS, IT TOOK 2 WEEKS TO COMPLETE. AFTER WE RECEIVED THE SECOND BILLING NOTICE, THE COST OF THE WALL WENT TO AN ADDITIONAL $3900.00, WHICH MADE THE WALL COST TOTAL $7700.00. WE HADN'T BUGETED FOR THAT AMOUNT. DID WE JUST SIGN A BLANK CHECK FOR HIM TO CHARGE ANY AMOUNT? ALSO THE WORKMANSHIP ISN'T THAT GREAT. I PAID MORE THAN I WANTED TOO, AND THE QUALITY ISN'T THERE. DO I HAVE ANY RECOURSE OTHER THAN PAY HIM?

BL

What is the name of your state? MARYLAND
WE CONTRACTED TO INSTALL A RETAINING WALL, AND WE TOLD THE CONTRACTOR WHAT WE WANTED.A WALL 3' HIGH X 50' LONG. THE CONTRACTOR WAS GOING TO SUPPLY A DRAWING OF COMPLETED WALL, WHICH WE NEVER SAW. AFTER WHAT THE CONTRACTOR COMPLETED WHAT HE THOUGHT WE WANTED, THE WALL RAN FROM 1' FT HIGH ON ONE END TO 3' HIGH ON THE OTHER END. THIS WAS NOT WHAT WE VISULIZED. TO BEGIN WITH, THE CONTRACTOR SENT TWO INEXPERIENCED WORKERS TO INTALL THE WALL. AFTER WE TOLD THER CONTRACTOR THE WALL WASN'T WHAT WE WANTED, HE AGREED TO BUILD THE WALL TO OUR SPECIFICATIONS, BUT WE HAD TO SIGN TO AGREE ON TIME AND MATERIAL TO COMPLETE THE WALL. THE WALL ORIGINALLY WAS GOING TO TAKE 3 DAYS TO COMPLETE, BUT WITH COMPLICATIONS, IT TOOK 2 WEEKS TO COMPLETE. AFTER WE RECEIVED THE SECOND BILLING NOTICE, THE COST OF THE WALL WENT TO AN ADDITIONAL $3900.00, WHICH MADE THE WALL COST TOTAL $7700.00. WE HADN'T BUGETED FOR THAT AMOUNT. DID WE JUST SIGN A BLANK CHECK FOR HIM TO CHARGE ANY AMOUNT? ALSO THE WORKMANSHIP ISN'T THAT GREAT. I PAID MORE THAN I WANTED TOO, AND THE QUALITY ISN'T THERE. DO I HAVE ANY RECOURSE OTHER THAN PAY HIM?
Everything should have been dotted and Teed in the contract .

If you contracted the job that way , it must be done to specification , for the price close to the estimate .

If not , no one here knows what was said and done by both parties .

Drop the caps .

NFITZ

Pay Up

It Looks Like I Don't Have Aleg To Stand On, Right? In Other Words, You Are Suggesting I Make Final Payment.

BL

It Looks Like I Don't Have Aleg To Stand On, Right? In Other Words, You Are Suggesting I Make Final Payment.
I don't know .

Was the first wall built to any codes that are required for retaining law .

Was a permit required ( again , was it built correctly ) ?

It would be up to a Judge .

NFITZ

binding contract

to answer your question, no there was no permit issued for the wall, and the wall wasn't built to any building codes. The wall was built to my wife and myself's specifications. There was no plan going into this wall. We were promised a computer drawing to show how the finished wall would look, but that never happened. This project went by the wayside early on. Had we seen a finished project, and finished cost up front, we would not be having this conversation.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">