• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Oh no an underaged GF

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PhAIL

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Ok, so my dilemma is that my gf is from California and her parents used to be cool with me visiting her every few months but now they had a change of heart. Anyways with that being so I was thinking she should come visit me, just for a week or 2. Problem is were worried since her parents will obviously be mad and might try to press charges against me, since they will not know at first that she is coming here. I doubt they can press kidnapping charges against me since kidnapping is an action that is against someone's will and she is doing this of her own volition. They might try to say something like I am harboring a runaway though which I don't know how bad that is. Basically what I am trying to ask is what is the worse they can do? Waiting till she is 18 is not really an option for me so is this trip that she'd be taking worth the risk for me? Don't know if this is relevant but I am 18 and she is 6 months away from being 18.

milspecgirl

she's not old enough to legally go on her own will, so yes, there could be plenty of charges. contributing to the deliquency of a minor, etc. i would not do this- u have 6 mo till she is old enough. do not risk this by having her cross state lines (could be federal)

TinkerBelleLuvr

How does the inside of a prison for many years appeal to you? If you can't wait for 6 months, it's NOT love - it's LUST. Keeping the pants zipped up and locked is the best advice for you at this time.

Your GF is underage. What her parent say is what goes. Because she is a minor, she cannot consent to being away from home against her parent's wishes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">