• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Faulty auto repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bronseye

Hello, I live in brooklyn N.Y. I recently brought my car to a privately owned auto repair shop to get brake work done. I paid the owner $570.00 for the work. After I test drove the car I informed the owner of the shop the problem is not fixed. The owner told me to leave the car at the shop and he'll rediagnose the problem and repair it for no extra charge. When i went to pick up the car the owner of the shop told me the car will not start and he did'nt know why. I told the person to give me a reciept for the work that was done on the vehicle becaise he refused to return my money. He did so and I noticed what he said he repaired was not on the receipt so he lied about the work he had first did. Afterwards I took my car to the dealer they diagnosed the car and gave me a $6,000 estimate. This was due to a computer problem that was caused be the first repair man. PLEASE ADVISE ME!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">