• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Septic problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fgs

What is the name of your state? GA
:confused:I recently had a septic tank overflow and the contents (liquid) surface on top of the ground due to the pump going out (electrical surge they said). The problem has been fixed. How do I get the soil cleaned out? This is a residence. Thanks in advance for your input.What is the name of your state?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state? GA
:confused:I recently had a septic tank overflow and the contents (liquid) surface on top of the ground due to the pump going out (electrical surge they said). The problem has been fixed. How do I get the soil cleaned out? This is a residence. Thanks in advance for your input.What is the name of your state?
**A: contact an environmental consultant company/contractor.

I am an environmental consultant and I would not worry too much about it. The pathogens of concern in domestic waste water don't live long on the ground. Keep your kids and friends away from the spot for a week or so, and pickup any offending solids with a shovel and burry them, not much else needed.

justalayman

I am an environmental consultant and I would not worry too much about it. The pathogens of concern in domestic waste water don't live long on the ground. Keep your kids and friends away from the spot for a week or so, and pickup any offending solids with a shovel and burry them, not much else needed.
I like that term "offending solids". I am a bit les refined.

If there is any crap left laying around, bury it or throw it back in the tank.
-------------------------------------------
just a bit of the layman's trivia.

open field dumping of septic waste is still allowed in certain areas of Indiana. As long as the area meets a listed criteria, honey dippers can simply empty his truck on the open ground.

EEEEWWWWWWwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I can say is you simply have to hope that your favorite hiking trail is not one one of the acceptable areas.
--------

more unneeded knowledge:

in a local city, the sludge from wastewater treatment plant is left to ripen in a local contained area. It is then used as soil when the city plants trees and such in the area.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">