• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help With Restraining Order!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fordboy324

What is the name of your state? INDIANA

ok so my girlfriend is 17 going to be 18 in two weeks. (november 11th) a week ago her dad put a restraining order on me ( im 16) and my girlfriend needs to get it removed after shes 18. Ive talked to a social worker and the judicial court and they both said she can sign to get it romoved after she is 18 because of her being an adult. She is getting ready to move down to alabama with me and my parents agree with it. is it true that she can get it removed without her dad signing it since she will be 18? my view of it is if my fathers dad didnt want my dad to see my mom he couldnt just put a restraining order on my mom without my dad agreeing. Right? i mean my girlfriend will be an adult therefore she should chose who she sees. i need some help ASAP!!! please!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">