• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business-to-business telemarketing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neutro99

What is the name of your state? CA

Please tell me the correct forum if this is not the one for telemarketing question.

I am starting a service for small business and I need to advertise the service to small business.

1. May I call any business number? From the National Do Not Call Registry it says "Business-to-business calls and faxes are not covered by the National Do Not Call Registry".

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/alerts/alt107.shtm

2. May I send fax to any business fax number? Again from the above it seems ok for business-to-business telemarketing fax. But I want to be sure.

Thanks!

neutro

JETX

1. May I call any business number? From the National Do Not Call Registry it says "Business-to-business calls and faxes are not covered by the National Do Not Call Registry".
Absent some other possible restrictions, as you have correctly noted the 'do not call' list is to protect individuals from abuse, not businesses.

May I send fax to any business fax number?
No.

neutro99

Absent some other possible restrictions, as you have correctly noted the 'do not call' list is to protect individuals from abuse, not businesses.
Sorry I wasn't very clear about my question. What I need to do is to use some auto dialer to leave a voice message(advertisement) to small business which I believe will greatly benefit them. Is it legal?

May I send fax to any business fax number?

No.

Where can I find the regulation prohibiting fax to business number?

Thanks for the help!

neutro

neutro99

To make it simple, for any business number I find from yellow page,

1. is it legal to personally call any business number?
2. is it legal to use auto dialer to leave a message to any business number?
3. is it legal to send a fax to any business number?

It will be great if you can point me to the source to your answers.

Thanks a lot!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">