• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor Neighbors and vandalism.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mias

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

About a year ago we had a group of neighbors move in to the house next to us. Since it's a row house in North Philadelphia they're always in close proximity to us. The house has two adults, a woman and her mother and I'd say about 4-6 kids. There are three teenage girls in the house and two 11ish boys, sometimes a few todders are dropped by and they babysit them.

The problem is that the kids are on their steps until 4am, they invite 23-30 year old guys over all the time at night. Once in a while they throw "dollar parties" and have anyone over 13 drink if they want as long as they pay. The toddlers during the day run around in front of the house in diapers during much of the week. They also smoke marijuana on our front steps and bring tons of teenagers to all crowd the front of our house. If we say anything we get vandalized or broken into at night. Recently they've been pranking the fire department on every house on the block, it's been 8-9 calls this past month. They've also slashed the tires of 2-3 cars in the past month as well.

To make things worse now they're antagonizing my 50 year old parents and throwing eggs at our house, climbing up on our roof and breaking our windows. They've also actually broken into the back while we were at work and tossed things around.

Now I live in one of the worst districts in the city as far as crime goes, the police are stretched thin and usually are bored with their problems. Every time I've called I get nothing for a response from the city they say they'll investigate and nothing happens. The one day the mother of the kids threatened us and said she had already slept with someone DHS sent out. Although it's unlikely that's true DHS has been called 5-6 times by almost everyone on the block to no avail.

Now I have a few questions I'd like to find a lawyer for. Since they're minors to what right do I have to defend my property if they break in? What rights do I have if they all climb onto my porch and crowd there? Is there any other agency other than DHS that can perhaps be contacted about this perhaps anonymously to reduce retaliation?

CavemanLawyer

Contact CPS and inform them that the children are not being adequately supervised and that they are also using drugs and alcohol.

Get yourself a cheap surveillance camera and film them vandalizing and destroying property while you are away. Give that to the police and I can't imagine they won't follow up on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">