• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multiple Violations in So. Cal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sne1eky

I am a 25 yr old male living in Los Angeles County. I was arrested in December for "violating" penal code section 11359, Possession of Marijuana less than one ounce for sales. Sounds simple enough.
First, the police came to my house with the excuse that loud music was being played. I admit the music was on, but it had only been on 2 minutes tops! Two officers came into the house without consent and began to question about the music. When they said they had gotten a complaint that the music was too loud i ran around to the garage, where the music was playing. The officers decided to follow me all the way into the garage and began to question me about drugs. I know my rights so I didn't say anything. One officer said that they were given permission search by my mother, the owner of the house. This is untrue. They eventually found three (3) marijuana baggies. Along with these bags were a lighter and a pipe. The officers took the baggies and left the pipe and lighter behind. They handcuffed me and took me in. While arresting me the officers never read me my Miranda rights and lied to me about what was about to happen. I was arrested and bailed out on $5,000 bail. When I went to court my case was thrown out by the district attorney. From the get-go the officers should not have even come inside the house for a music call. Should I sue the police department? I feel my 4th amendment rights were violated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">