• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Contract dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Atoosa

What is the name of your state? Virginia. I had a company come to my home to give me an estimate to replace windows. Guy did some measurements then laid out his presentation. Long story short he wants me to sign a contract stating that I want these windows. I refuse. He tells me that if money is an object I can fill out forms for credit, and if I get approved would I consider it, I said yes. I filled out the paperwork, then he slides this contract to me and says that he must have the contract in order to submit the form and lock us in to the price. He said that if we were approved we could have the windows installed at any time we want at that price. Like a dummy I signed the papers. Now the main selling point was that the windows would be custom and there had to be custom measurements done. I never set up an appointment to have them measured. The company is now saying that they have bought the products to install my windows and if I back out now that I will have to pay 30% total cost. The contract says and I did not read it that I have three business days to cancel the contract. Do I have any recourse?

BL

If you are in the 3 day window to cancel , you should take the contract ASAP to a contract law attorney to review to see what your options are .

If you're outside the 3 days , you signed it .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">