• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone purchase breach

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmcowl

I purchased advertising from a company in Utah (I am in Michigan) for an ad in a small business resource book for government contracts. I was told that the books would be distributed in September 2000. I gave them $664 over the phone on 7/31/2000.The book is still not distributed.
I called in October and was told it would be distributed that month. Called again in January 2001 and now its not being distributed until February 2001 (supposidly)
Can I take them to small claims, since we are in different states. I have sent a letter demanding reimbursement for breach of oral contract and am waiting for their responce.
Have any suggestions or comments...thanks in advance..Joan

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jmcowl said:
I purchased advertising from a company in Utah (I am in Michigan) for an ad in a small business resource book for government contracts. I was told that the books would be distributed in September 2000. I gave them $664 over the phone on 7/31/2000.The book is still not distributed.
I called in October and was told it would be distributed that month. Called again in January 2001 and now its not being distributed until February 2001 (supposidly)
Can I take them to small claims, since we are in different states. I have sent a letter demanding reimbursement for breach of oral contract and am waiting for their responce.
Have any suggestions or comments...thanks in advance..Joan
My response:

You've been had. You can file in Small Claims court in Utah, but it will cost you as much or more to do that - - plane fare, filing fees, ground transportation, etc.

And guess what?

They know it too.

They are expecting you to give up.

IAAL

J

jmcowl

I appreciate your fast responce. Do you think I was scammed, even if I have faxed advertising proofs back and forth, have received faxed info from them, and have also been contacted by a separate department to fill out forms to qualify as a female owned business?? I know its a possibility they are scamming but why go to all the trouble to make it seem legitimate?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">