• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

19rockerhead91

What is the name of your state? Nevada

Do my parents have the right to take money that i have earned from my job and spend it however they wish?

And, how do i become emancipated, I am 16.

fordboy324

Unfortunately, yes. They have total control over you.

Now emancipation is VERY hard. 1 out of 100 get it. Its usually used for deadbeat parents who cannot support their kids. For emancipation you have to have a steady job, pay your own rent utilities, show that you can do such a thing, and at the same time be in school or working towards a GED. In some states you have to have a lawyer and it can take up to 2 years to emancipate you. I'm 16 also and I've been around the block with both of my parents and the rights they have. Ive looked into emancipation and found it easier to just deal with my dad until I'm 18. You can try it and I wish you the best of luck. Hear me out on how hard it is though. And unfortunately your parents have TOTAL control over you. I know it sucks but the law is the law. It cannot be changed.

Best of luck to you.

BL

What is the name of your state? Nevada

Do my parents have the right to take money that i have earned from my job and spend it however they wish?

And, how do i become emancipated, I am 16.
How exactly are you paid , and how exactly do they get your money from work from you ?

What are they spending the money on ?

Legally , they have the right to take it , but unless you and your family is really in a financial bind , you should ask them to take you shopping with it to spend on cloths , maybe a burger n fries , shoes .

Stuff they'd normally have to buy , but sense it's your money , you can choose what kinds .

Maybe they'd be willing to help you set up a savings accout at the bank .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">