• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parents kicking 14 y/o out. legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jordan2393

What is the name of your state? TX

I'm 14 years old and my parents are threatening to kick me out of the house.
I understand that most people that deal with this issues are older [17-18] and they can find jobs, but I, as a 14 year old in Texas, cannot find a job at this age! Is it legal for my parents to kick me out?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? TX

I'm 14 years old and my parents are threatening to kick me out of the house.
I understand that most people that deal with this issues are older [17-18] and they can find jobs, but I, as a 14 year old in Texas, cannot find a job at this age! Is it legal for my parents to kick me out?
No, it is not legal to "kick you out" at 14.

WHY are they threatening this?

jordan2393

When I don't do things like making my bed or cleaning my room my parents get mad at me. I do these things of a regular basis, but sometimes I forget in the rush for school in the mornings. So my parents get mad and yell and scream at me and sometimes hit me. I usually end up running out of the house to escape it.
Then they say not to come back and threaten to send me to alternative schools, kick me out, and other things.
Why though? I don't know. I guess not cleaning my room just really makes them angry.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
When I don't do things like making my bed or cleaning my room my parents get mad at me. I do these things of a regular basis, but sometimes I forget in the rush for school in the mornings. So my parents get mad and yell and scream at me and sometimes hit me. I usually end up running out of the house to escape it.
Then they say not to come back and threaten to send me to alternative schools, kick me out, and other things.
Why though? I don't know. I guess not cleaning my room just really makes them angry.
Ohhhh, there is SOOO much more to this story.
To answer your question - no, it's not legal to "kick you out". However, they CAN send you to alternative placement (outside of your home).
Perhaps you need to talk to a counselor of some sort. School...church...

HomeGuru

**A: then it is easy, clean your room and follow their rules. What is so hard about that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">