• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alcohol Ticket - Few Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fredmoreno42

What is the name of your state? Colorado

So the other night i was at a party, and long story short cops came and made everyone blow into breathalizers. I was in a line with at least six people and i was the fifth person and the officer did not once change the tip on the test. When i blew into it he quickly flashed it to me and pushed me into another room where another officer was writing tickets. When i asked if i could blow again i was denied and he wrote me a ticket. My mom had to come get me and i am scheduled for court on the 13th of december. I was wondering if i might be able to fight this and if so, what would i do exactly? I know that not changing the tip could affect the test results and i was told by someone that your allowed two blows before they write a ticket. Also, it did not say anywhere on the ticket what my alleged alcohol level was. :confused: Thanks for any help.

fredmoreno42

10-136 Illegal Possession or Consumption Underage.

I was never seen at any point by an officer to be in possession of an illegal substance.

Silverplum

10-136 Illegal Possession or Consumption Underage.

I was never seen at any point by an officer to be in possession of an illegal substance.
Your breathalizer showed differently. You were in possession...the alcohol was inside your body.

Go ahead. Try again. There will be someone here to shoot you down.

seniorjudge

That's not a valid statute number.

Is it a municipal ordinance?

Which city?

The officer does not need to see you in possession.

The breathalyzer is enough to convict you.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Dude you were drinking or you were in a room where others were drinking AND you were underage. Guess what -- MIP.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">