• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

14 and 19 with moms approval and encouragement...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

adrianzmimi

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I'm trying to get some information for a long time friend. She has two daughters 14 and 16. The 16 yr old has been allowed to live with her boyfriends family for more than two years now. The 14 yr old was still at hme with her. She became involved in drugs (crack) about two years ago and began leaving the 14 yr old daughter and 8 yr old son at home alone for days / weeks at a time. (I did not find out about this until recently). A young man, 19 yrs old, had known the family most of his life and the mother llowed hi to move into the home and encouraged a relationship with her 14 yr old. He resisted until the 14 yr old woke him up one night doing things to arouse him. It worked. Her mother thought this was ok and continued to allow them to have a relationship in her home. She, at one point left them there for three weeks. Her daughter became pregnant. The boy thought that it was ok to continue the relationship since they had her mother's family's approval.

To date, the mother is not with the daughter and she and the boy would like to get married.

Is this statutory rape and would the mother be held responsible for her actions? The daughter has asked me these questions and I do not have the answers. Advice is greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">