• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident witness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jl8013

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

My parents were involved with an accident yesterday. A car from their left lane hit a guy at an intersection. My dad hit the brake when he saw the guy flied off and landed in the lane. Now they don't know if they ran over the guy or not. The cop asked for their license and let them go. Now they just received a call from the police asking them to go down to the station. I guess they are asking for a witness statement. Is there any advice I should tell my parents? I did check the bottom of the suv(toyota rav4) and found nothing wrong with it.

jl8013

Should we talk to a lawyer about the situation if my parents did ran over the guy, even tho he was struck by the lady from other lane first?

ecmst12

They should talk to their auto insurance. But I think the first car that hit him will be responsible for his injuries, even if he was subsequently hit by your parents. The police should be able to clear it up for them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">