• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Approximate time before payment of ssdi back pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

r272

What is the name of your state? DE

I was just wondering if anyone would list the approx. time from getting apporved for ssdi to getting the award letter and then actually getting paid. I ask this because I have heard so many different time frames and I am curious if it makes a difference at to the state or not.

I hope that this might even help others as well as myself with questions regarding this time frame, as I know that i've been online alot checking around.

I actually thought that I was in a good position, since I went to court on the 11th of october and got my fully favorable decision on the 13th of that month. It's a month later and still no award letter, I know i'm being very impatient.

justme2007

no real answer - sorry

After the award letter, I recieved my 1st check (back pay and all) about the 2nd week of the month (which is when I usually get it). Generally the older you are, the earlier in the month you get your check (so I'm told).

As for when you recieve the award letter....should be within 6 weeks, but that's just my case. Seems you've called the SS office (if not, they may know), keep calling, say weekly - that way you'll get an update atleast (I think).

I hope it's soon - I think you need a bit of calm after all this.

r272

Update

Hi all, I just wanted to post an update. I got my notice of award today and called SSA about it, I was told that I may have to wait approx. 60 days before I get any back pay. I was also told that I will get my first payment next month on the 3rd of the month. I was also told that every thing is at the payment center, but attorney has to be paid before I se any back pay. I hope they pay him fast so I can see deposite, although i'm thinking at the earliest like you justme maybe i'll see it with my first pay on 12/3.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">