• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The boss keeps promising to pay my backwages!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmilkosky

I'm utterly furious. I worked at a corporation in NJ that paid me well. All of a sudden in the last quarter of 2000, my paychecks started bouncing. I took it calmly, but now I can't do that anymore. The boss told me he was sorry, and he would pay me back. Well, I have yet to receive the approximately $15,000 in wages that is owed to me.

I've left the company now, but haven't had income since December 15, 2000! I've applied for unemployment and that'll help when it starts coming in, but because of this loss of cash, we've had to deplete our new home fund (long story short - we were going to build a house and now can't because of this situation - we sold our old home, moved into a tiny apartment... basically it sucks).

What options do I have to get the money from the company? The boss keeps asking me to do "little" bits of work from home and I almost feel like I should do them because if I don't he might get PO'd and decide to just NOT pay me.

What do I do?

C

cmilkosky

Lawrat - have you got an opinion?

Hey lawrat, I've notice that you posted a lot on workman's comp here... Do you have any opinions on my situation?

Thanks,

Chris

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">