• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Schedule C loss carryforward??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charliebilly

North Caroliana; I have a loss for the first time on the Schedule C anticipated for 2007...in my mock up of the return it is reported on line 12 Bus Inc/Loss and produces a reduction of income which THEN is wiped out altogether by my itemized deductions which are substantially more than the adjusted gross income. DO I EVER GET TO "BENEFIT" FROM THE DIFFERENCE as a "carryforward loss"

LdiJ

North Caroliana; I have a loss for the first time on the Schedule C anticipated for 2007...in my mock up of the return it is reported on line 12 Bus Inc/Loss and produces a reduction of income which THEN is wiped out altogether by my itemized deductions which are substantially more than the adjusted gross income. DO I EVER GET TO "BENEFIT" FROM THE DIFFERENCE as a "carryforward loss"
In this instance no, you do not have a carryforward. You were able to take the entire loss against current income. You only get a carryforward if the loss is greater than your current income.

charliebilly

SO it is quite different from the C corp.....As I have a C corp also and I am the sole stockholder, I guess this would be a good year to up my salary in that the excess itemized deductions would have something to be applied to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">