• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cigarettes and House arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

whoracle

What is the name of your state? NE

Hi, I'm 16 years old and I'm on house arrest. I'm wondering what kind of punishment I would get if I was caught smoking a cigarette? Thanks.

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? NE

Hi, I'm 16 years old and I'm on house arrest for armed robbery. I'm wondering what kind of punishment I would get if I was caught smoking a cigarette? Thanks.
That would be a VOP and you would face finishing your sentence in a Juvenal facility and additional time for the offense.

whoracle

Pokey? If thats the detention center, I was only there for a week. They were gonna keep me there for about 2 months, untill my court date. Instead I'm on HA untill my court date.

Sbh052

I am also on probation. I got put on for possession of a control substance. My PO had the right to search me, my purse, anything he wanted, at any time he wanted, and when he searched me and found me in possession of ONE cigarette he took it, and violated me.

Indiana Filer

It's likely that your rules for probation and house arrest include a statement similar to: "You shall not violate the laws of the state of Nebraska or any other jurisdiction during the term of your house arrest/probation." If it does, you will definitely be in violation by possessing or using tobacco. Whether or not you get violated for it will be up to your supervising probation officer.

I'm a juvenile probation officer.

mike_lee

All sorts of ways to get nicotine but you should be clean by now so why start that again? Give me a reason and I'll tell you how to beat the system. But answer me one question are you ADD or ADHD?

It's not only lung cancer, sucking smoke into your lungs is never a good idea and the health hits are instant. If you go the opposite route and start working out, why do you think prisoners work out so much? It's a great way to cope. Changing your diet, cutting down on bad food, building your brain with logic exercises, like Chess or learning a new language (psst I'll tell you where the MP3s for Spanish, Mandarin, Japanese etc are but keep that on the down low) That is also addictive because your body starts to crave chemicals produced by those activities, but this is a good addiction. Once you got all that positive stuff coming in it's hard to pump much negative stuff out.

mike_lee

I am also on probation. I got put on for possession of a control substance. My PO had the right to search me, my purse, anything he wanted, at any time he wanted, and when he searched me and found me in possession of ONE cigarette he took it, and violated me.
That kinda makes me wanna be a parole officer.

whoracle

Did you get sent back to a detention center ? Or did he just give you a warning?

Replying to mike lee, I'm not addicted to cigs and never was. I just like smoking 1 after school with my friends, cause it makes me less fidgety ( i guess you could say i have a little add / ocd), plus I still get a little nicotine high.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">