• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto shop ripp me off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobthebuilder

Here in nevada i spent over 6000 dollars for a new motor put in my car from a auto shop.
When i got it from them it had problems so i took it back and they fixed it.
Next i had engine noise they said it was fine .
two days later motor was knocking loudly.
Blown motor.
They say they will fix.
One month later nothing yet and now they tell me something made it blow if they find out it was a fuel injector or my computer they will still fix the motor but i will have to pay them to fix what ever made it blow up and if i choose not to pay them to fix it they will void my warranty many auto mech have told me he is making this up cause he ground your crankshaft down .020 on the mains and .030 on the rod journals and he knows it wont last a full year on his warranty.I only had 700 miles on that motor before it blew. please advise me if they can really get away with this....

Last edited:

BL

Here in nevada i spent over 6000 dollars for a new motor put in my car from a auto shop.
When i got it from them it had problems so i took it back and they fixed it.
Next i had engine noise they said it was fine .
two days later motor was knocking loudly.
Blown motor.
They say they will fix.
One month later nothing yet and now they tell me something made it blow if they find out it was a fuel injector or my computer they will still fix the motor but i will have to pay them to fix what ever made it blow up and if i choose not to pay them to fix it they will void my warranty many auto mech have told me he is making this up cause he ground your crankshaft down .020 on the mains and .030 on the rod journals and he knows it wont last a full year on his warranty.I only had 700 miles on that motor before it blew. please advise me if they can really get away with this....
If you want a technical opinion go to batauto.com , forums , pick the category your car falls under , follow the posing rules , and ask your technical question ( as in would injector or computer problems cause it to blow ) , and what others have told you .

IMO , if you got a motor replaced , it's the motor , or what the mechanic did .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">