• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automatic bank withdrawl error

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carlprescott

In California.

Hello,

Two years ago, I cancelled a gym membership to join another closer to home. Found out recently that they have still been withdrawing the dues monthly from my bank. I just never caught any of this on my statements.

They have records showing that I've cancelled and know that I've not used their facilities since then, yet are only offering to refund half.

I know I should have paid closer attention to my bank stements, but I think they owe me a complete refund.

Thanks,
Carl

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
In California.

Hello,

Two years ago, I cancelled a gym membership to join another closer to home. Found out recently that they have still been withdrawing the dues monthly from my bank. I just never caught any of this on my statements.

They have records showing that I've cancelled and know that I've not used their facilities since then, yet are only offering to refund half.

I know I should have paid closer attention to my bank stements, but I think they owe me a complete refund.

Thanks,
Carl
And the question is...?

JETX

Do you have PROOF of the cancellation in WRITING?
Did the contract allow you to cancel at the time you claim you did??

If the answer to both of those is yes, then file a small claims suit against them for the 'improper' taking of the funds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">