• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oldguy

What is the name of your state? California.
I purchased a new truck in 2004. It developed a leak up front in the windshield area. Took it into the dealer to see what's wrong, they said it was something I did to cause the leak. I fixed what I did and it still leaked. Took it back they replaced the windsheild. It still leaked. Took it back they had it for more than a week they said it was fixed. well now it rained again and yes it leaks.
It only leaks when it rains so with little rain I can't tell it's leaking till it does rain.
I think this leak problem was there from day one, but I didn't notice it untill I parked my truck at a different angle in my driveway. It's a chevrolet.
So the question is; What kind of demands can I make to remedy this situation?.
How many times do I give them to fix the same leak?. I don't use the truck that much but when I do I don't want to get leaked on/or water shorting out something under the dash.

Thanks for any help

BL

What is the name of your state? California.
I purchased a new truck in 2004. It developed a leak up front in the windshield area. Took it into the dealer to see what's wrong, they said it was something I did to cause the leak. I fixed what I did and it still leaked. Took it back they replaced the windsheild. It still leaked. Took it back they had it for more than a week they said it was fixed. well now it rained again and yes it leaks.
It only leaks when it rains so with little rain I can't tell it's leaking till it does rain.
I think this leak problem was there from day one, but I didn't notice it untill I parked my truck at a different angle in my driveway. It's a chevrolet.
So the question is; What kind of demands can I make to remedy this situation?.
How many times do I give them to fix the same leak?. I don't use the truck that much but when I do I don't want to get leaked on/or water shorting out something under the dash.

Thanks for any help
What did you do to try to stop the leak ?

What did they do ?

oldguy

What I did was not the problem nor did it cause a leak. I put a wire through the firewall using a factory already in place grommet. The dealer thought that what I did was the problem without spending to much time investigating.

BL

What I did was not the problem nor did it cause a leak. I put a wire through the firewall using a factory already in place grommet. The dealer thought that what I did was the problem without spending to much time investigating.
Have they actually taken the windshield out , inspect around where it goes , re-sealed it , and reinstalled the windshield , Etc. ?

If not have them do it , or have them take it to be done , at no cost .

BL

Yes, in my openning post I said; "Took it back they replaced the windsheild".

So the question is;
What kind of demands can I make to remedy this situation?.
You can contact them and tell them it still leaks and set up a time to take it in again .

How many times do I give them to fix the same leak?.
Look through your warranty papers and find the proper procedures , or if you don't have them ask the dealer what the procedures are for remedies .

I don't use the truck that much but when I do I don't want to get leaked on/or water shorting out something under the dash.
Well that no good .

Go on over to batauto.com and ask the knowledgeable folks what it might be .

Good luck .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">