• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Max Craft

A uncle died 20 years ago and left his housekeeper a living trust to go to me at her death. She died last March. The bank did not notify me until this December. They had all necessary paper work on file but still have not paid me. They say that they have to close the estate. I believe that I should have received the trust at the death of the housekeeper without a nine month delay. Is the bank liable and what can I do to get this money. Located in Florida

ALawyer

Perhaps the bank should have, and you are rightfully ticked, but how have you been financially harmed? (All courts can do is award money for financial harm.) You'll get the interest that was earned.

This isn't a big case at best. Get on with it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">