• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rottnluck

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Who has to file for guardianship? My sister has guardianship of our youngest sister. She has asked me to take over the guardianship. She says I have to file. I think she has to file, since she wants this process to happen. What is the difference if she files versus if I file? She lives in Texas, I live in Ohio. The original guardianship was through an Ohio court.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? Ohio

Who has to file for guardianship? My sister has guardianship of our youngest sister. She has asked me to take over the guardianship. She says I have to file. I think she has to file, since she wants this process to happen. What is the difference if she files versus if I file? She lives in Texas, I live in Ohio. The original guardianship was through an Ohio court.
Where is MOM of this child? And dad?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">